You can click on the picture to go to the photo album.
Army posted 21 straight points to break a halftime tie and pull away for a win over UTEP. The victory snapped a two-game slide for Army and dropped UTEP to 0-5 on the season. The 35 points scored were the most the Black Knights have tallied against a Football Bowl Subdivision team this season.
Player of the game
Army running back Andy Davidson rushed 14 times for a team-high 100 yards and one touchdown.
- The Miners have lost seven of their last eight games dating back to last year.
- UTEP running back Quadraiz Wadley was a workhorse, carrying the ball 28 times for a game-high 156 yards.
- Six Black Knights rushed the ball at least three times, three different players scored and Connor Slomka found the end zone twice.
- Army quarterback Ahmad Bradshaw only attempted five passes but completed three of them for 80 yards and a touchdown.
- UTEP’s 21 points were the most it has scored all season.
- Army’ quarterback Luke Langdon attempted one pass and it was intercepted by UTEP’s Kahani Smith and returned for a 51-yard touchdown.
Slomka ran it in from 13 yards away to give Army a 35-14 lead with 13:48 to play in the game. It was the third straight score for the Black Knights, blowing open a game that was tied at halftime.